Pages

Monday, 19 March 2012

STYLE CRUSH


I can't quite put my finger on why I have such a style crush on Leighton Meester. Perhaps because I adore her as Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl. Or perhaps because of her flawless skin, perfect figure and pretty, girlie style. Or perhaps all of the above! I am loving her April 2012 Marie Claire USA cover. Leighton looks gorgeous in her bright yellow Reed Krakoff dress and her silky straight hair is making me crave my GHDs as I'm sitting at my desk.
If the cover wasn’t enough the images inside are stunning too. The photographs were shot by Tesh in New York and I feel they really encapsulate Leighton's femininity and pure, natural beauty. I also love the Theyskens’ Theory gown Leighton wears – amazing!



Leighton Meester might be most well known for her role in Gossip Girl but in her interview for Marie Claire she really opens up about complicated parts of her own life. Her life is far from the priveldged existence of her character Blair Waldorf who lives in Manhattan's Upper East Side. Leighton explains how her family have a 'crazy history', 'probably the craziest I've heard of' she says. Both Leighton's parents have served prison time for drug-related charges. It is understandable then perhaps that this has pushed Leighton's desires away from marriage and starting a family, despite the fact that her character Blair has just married a Prince. 'I'm not sure I ever want to get married' she says. 'The only time a relationship is good is when you really love them.' 'You can take what is handed to you and use it as an excuse to mess up. But I’ve always handled what was given to me by life. I consider myself lucky. I was never lied to. And I was loved.' I think I may love Leighton a little bit more after reading that interview!

Images - Marie Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment